Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Leaving MTC


Missionaries used to tell me, "Ah man, the days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days." I never understood, nor internalized, what that meant. Now I really know how they feel. Each day is jam-packed with activities and things to do. The phrase "down time" does not exist in MTC vocabulary. It makes us so productive, though!

Since I'm really low on time, here is a quick summary of my time here:

Wednesday: Cleaned our building wearing one of those super cute ghostbuster vaccum packs. Let me tell you, I was rockin' it. After our service project, we walked to class and welcomed every single missionary with a little orange sticker on their tag. That little sticker is a red flag that screams, "I'm NEW!" Aw, the cute little nubes arriving at the MTC for the first time. I remember those days.

Thursday: In-field orientation! Wasssup! We spent from 8:00 to 5:30 doing in-field orientation, which was like EFY on steroids, but way more mature. And all about missionary work.

Friday: Got sweaty playing volleyball with the Elders, and my companions. Since we can't high five each other, whenever someone makes a good kill, we pull this awkward handshake action. It's actually pretty hilarious.

Saturday: Super relaxing. Hahaha, that was a joke. Every day is busy. But AWESOME.

Sunday: Church was amazing, and I got to sing Hilary Week's song "He Hears Me" and I think my song really brought the Spirit. I was sincere in what I was singing and people came to me afterward and told me that they were really touched by it.

I wish I could write more, but I am out of time!
I love you all so much, and I love being a missionary!

For future reference, please do not email me. I never have time to respond. Please send me letters and I will happily write you back :) 

Alos, I GO TO ECUADOR THIS WEEK!!!!!!
So send all letters to:

Sister Lauren Chenoweth Scott
Ecuador Guayaquil North Mission
Casilla de Correo 16160
Guayaquil 
Ecuador


I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!
Love from the MTC!

Sister Scott


NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment